Contract Position starting January 2019 and ending mid-May 2019
Pay Rate: $13.00 – $15.00 DOE
HEDIS Pursuit Direct Contact Team Member will work collaboratively in outreaching to providers in order to pursue medical records via phone call, fax, mail, electronic medical record system retrieval and direct onsite pick up, for Medical Record projects. Under the guidance of HEDIS leadership, this position is responsible for achieving tactical goals for successful completion of the project; while ensuring consistency with company policies, values, and goals in the process of gathering required medical records. This is a timed project with tight deadlines that require high production.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Under the direction of the Project Manager and/or Regional Lead, the Direct Contact Team Member supports the annual audit and other Medical Record like audits, by organizing provider outreach, pursuit, collection, and upload of provider medical records into the internal database.
- Assisting with project management by coordinating the identification, pursuit and collection of medical records and other data in collaboration with other Medical Record staff.
- Assists the Manager and Supervisor(s) and / or performs the coordination and preparation of the medical record collection process that includes the pursuit via phone call, fax, mail, electronic medical record system retrieval and direct onsite pick up.
- Collects medical records and reports from provider offices, loads data into the internal software.
- Must maintain compliance with all HIPAA and patient confidentiality requirements
- Must maintain highest standards of ethics and ensure that all potential privacy incidents are verbally certified and then immediately reported to the HEDIS Leader for appropriate action
Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Desired Skills / Experience:
- 1-2 season(s)/year(s) HEDIS medical record collection experience.
- 1 year call center experience
- 1 year managed care experience