Salary: $48.39 /year
Assignment with Sutter Shared Lab in Livermore, CA
– Graveyard shift – 40 hrs/wk; 8 hr shifts. Will include weekends and a combination of day and evening shifts.
CONTRACT TO HIRE!
This position performs all aspects of pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic activities of the laboratory path of workflow appropriate for the Microbiology Laboratory section. Analytical testing is performed on blood and/or body fluids, utilizing both manual and automated methods, to obtain information necessary for the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Where automated methods are used, this position provides preventive maintenance for analytical equipment and performs minor adjustments and repairs. Performs and demonstrates proficiency in areas including aerobic and anaerobic bacteriology, mycobacteriology, mycology, virology, fluorescent microscopy and parasitology.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• A baccalaureate degree in clinical laboratory or related sciences, with one-year hospital and/or commercial clinical lab training in an approved program.
• Valid California clinical laboratory scientist license
• Experience :
• Two years recent experience in reading aerobic, anaerobic, AFB, fungal and viral cultures; and interpreting immunofluorescent stains and special stains in parasitology.
• Experience with computers, including Microsoft, electronic mail, internet, etc.
• Experience working with a Laboratory Information System, such as Misys
.• Customer service and satisfaction
• In-depth knowledge of theory, test applications and process control of Microbiology
• Knowledge of basic laboratory information technology and computer concepts is also required
• Must have working knowledge of all areas in microbiology, parasitology, and immunology.
• Must be able to work cooperatively with team members.
• Must be able to ensure the operational readiness of complex laboratory analyzers and methods through technical expertise and effective method management.
• Must also be able to operate analyzers and equipment to produce accurate, timely test results. • Must demonstrate an ability to effectively identify pre, post and analytic process variations and take appropriate and timely corrective action.
• Must have proven written and verbal communication skills
• Must be adept at performing a wide variety of routine and/or specialized testing using manual and automated methods with speed and extreme accuracy.
• Mobility is required, as well as the ability to alternately sit and stand for several hours at a time.
• Must have considerable manual dexterity to accomplish such tasks as pipeting, instrument operation/maintenance and computer data entry.
• Must possess the visual acuity to accurately distinguish shades of color, correctly differentiate between similar shapes and forms, and produce “streams” of numerical data in correct sequence.
• Must have the ability to perform computerized tasks such as word processing.